Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bjork :-(

From: rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 93 03:45:02 GMT
Subject: Re: Bjork :-(
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In article <931130212738_100276.2176_BHB46-1@CompuServe.COM>, Marcel Rijs (mr) writes:

mr> [All kinds of things, some rather irrelevant in a music group]

I've never managed to come to a settled conclusion about Bjork.
Sometimes I find her voice extremely irritating, she sounds like an
excited little girl. Sometimes the excitement carries over, and it's
wonderful.

The lyrics? Well, this isn't Big Stripey Lie, it isn't attempting to
do the same things. Bjork has produced some great pop songs, the
lyrics are just what one would expect from a great pop song. Not deep,
not complex, just good. If it's like any Kate, it's like Rubberband
Girl -- if you can listen to Big Time Sensuality without wanting to
dance, it's not for you.

--
rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk			_O_