Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bjork :-(

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Nov 93 16:27:39 EST
Subject: Re: Bjork :-(
To: <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

Hi

<sk2@doc.ic.ac.uk.> writes:
> Any thoughts?

OK you asked for it.

> HEALTH WARNING

How very appropriate!

> I was just wondering what people here thought of Bjork. I bought
> Debut a couple of weeks ago and after some initial reservations
> I now think it is brilliant. Her voice is certainly not
> technically perfect, but I love it all the more for that reason.
> I used to *hate* Play Dead (on the radio) but now I think it is
> simply amazing (the lyrics... ). I could go on, but I won't since
> you are probably wanting to read a more Kate-esque post ;-)

Indeed we do. Or at least, I do, after reading half a digest of
Sarah Maglaglan, Sandy Denny and this message to top it off.

What do I think of Bjork.
Hummmm, let's see...
She looks like a pig, her voice is like tonal diarrhoea and her
music (if one should call it that) is undescribably irritating.
Her voice being " not technically perfect" is something I could
live with, were it not for the shrill, high-pitched, a-musical
noise it produces. I mean, it's like hearing an F16 flying up into
the air (and believe me, _that's_ not a pretty sound).
As for "the lyrics...", they consist of commonplaces and semi-
intellectual blob.

I think Bjork (a name, BTW which reminds me of pigs, which is very
appropriate given her aforementioned exterior) is one of the most
untalented, overrated, ugly and blood-before-eyes-generating
"artists" around today, and I wouldn't mind her losing her voice
permanently as of today. (I would have typed "shot dead", but I'm
a pascifist :-) )

I hope this ends the talk about this tart on this list as of now.
Move it to the list that mudheap belongs to, thankyewverymuch.

Marcel Rijs.

PS Don't flame me now, The question _was_ :
> I was just wondering what people here thought of B

Bluwaaah...

<Too sick for a sig>