Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lily & Crowley lesser pentagram ritual

From: portal!patrik@uunet.UU.NET (Patrick M Crumhorn)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1993 00:50:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Lily & Crowley lesser pentagram ritual
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ottis R. (BOYD@unb.ca) wrote:

: I'm interested in seeing it again - I tried to look it up when this
: thread came up, but couldn't find it in Crowley's MAGIC IN THEORY
: AND PRACTICE.  I'm pretty sure it's in there.  The worst thing about
: Crowley isn't his lack of source citation; it's the uselessness of
: his tables of contents (Mayhap he wanted his students to memorize
: his books??).

    The "Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram" is contained in a set
of instructions called "Liber O," which is usually found as an appendix to
several editions of "Magick in Theory and Practice."  Similar versions can
be found in several currently available books about the Golden Dawn order.
It is considered to be an essential ritual to learn by most groups who teach
"western" (actually medieval Hebrew qabalism) magick.
    Well, Crowley was not known for indexing well, but that's no excuse for
current publishers not to produce one.  I take it you have the paperback
Dover edition of "Magick...".  Weiser's hardbound edition has a very
thorough index compiled by Symonds & Grant.
    Oops, sorry for taking this up here, y'all.  Followups to alt.magick.
				93  93/93

				Patrick Crumhorn 	patrik@cup.portal.com