Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lily & Crowley lesser pentagram ritual

From: "Ottis R." <BOYD@unb.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1993 12:50:39 GMT
Subject: Re: Lily & Crowley lesser pentagram ritual
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@unb.ca

In article <9311240658.AA03180@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU> arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU (Alex Gibbs) writes:
>rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk (Richard Caley) writes:
>> arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU (Alex Gibbs) writes:
>> ag> Could someone provide a description of the ritual for those of us who
>> ag> don't know exactly what it entails?  Why is it called "lesser" anyway?
>> ag> What is it's origin?
>> I don't know the origin, but Alistair Crowley certainly describes it.
>> cross in the air. If anyone is really interested in more details I'll
>> type it in.
>Well I am.  I don't know who Alistair Crowley is, much less the
>details of the ritual.  If someone else is also interested then let us
>know since there's little point in continuing if I'm the only one.

I'm interested in seeing it again - I tried to look it up when this
thread came up, but couldn't find it in Crowley's MAGIC IN THEORY
AND PRACTICE.  I'm pretty sure it's in there.  The worst thing about
Crowley isn't his lack of source citation; it's the uselessness of
his tables of contents (Mayhap he wanted his students to memorize
his books??).

Anyway, Richard, if you type it in and you use this book as a
source, could you please cite the page number as well?  Heck, if you
want to, just give me the page numbers and *I'll* post it for you.

-- Ottis