Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sarah & obKate

From: ah716@Freenet.carleton.ca (Christian Perry)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1993 16:54:55 GMT
Subject: Re: Sarah & obKate
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

In a previous article, "pcsdev::moynes_r"@edidev.dofasco.ca (Richard Moynes) says:

>  Saw Sarah McLachlan at Hamilton Place last Thurs. night.  Overall, I'd have
>to say I was a bit disappointed, but only because I was expecting to be as
>blown away as I was the last time I saw her (Toronto's Harbourfront Aug. '92).
>It was still a great show and I'm looking forward to seeing her again in
>Toronto on the 25th at Massey Hall.  She's highlighting her new album and
>played everything from it except Ice Cream and Fear, from Solace she did
>Drawn to the Rhythm, Into the Fire, Path of Thorns, Lost and I Will Not
>Forget You, and from Touch she did Vox.  Her (partly) new lineup now has 2
>guitarists so she doesn't play guitar as much as before, possibly so she can
>concentrate more on her singing.  Ginger (former Grapes of Wrath) was the
>opening act, but I only caught their last 2 songs so can't say much other than
>that they sounded kind of Grapes of Wrath-y.

I was at her concert in Kitchener last night; pretty much the same as you
described.  I would have like to have heard more acoustic stuff, e.g.
Possession with just piano as appears at the end of the _FTE_ CD and more
with just acoustic guitar (Path of Thorns perhaps).  Less band and more of
her great voice.  Last year, I heard a short performance with just her and
acoustic guitar.  The music seemed much more intimate and emotional.

All that being said, it was still a great concert.