Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Was KT on TV?

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 05:43:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Was KT on TV?
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

"Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com> writes:

> Someone at the office stopped by today to say "Oh, that British singer
> you like so much was on mumble mumble show last night, really late.  She
> was trying to sing a song and the host kept running up and kissing her on
> the cheek and saying "Wow she's really here!"; she just kept singing." I
> didn't catch the name of the show and the phone rang right away so I
> couldn't ask again.  Some late night show with a male host who isn't Jay
> or David (I'd have rememberd).  Of course this would mean Kate's in the
> US right now -- any possibility of more TV appearances??  Did anyone see
> this or does my co-worker have Kate mixed up with someone else?
>
> PS today is Thursday so it would have been Wednesday night/Thurs. morn.

Hmm, well, Bjork was on Conan O'Brien's show that night, which fits,
except that she's not from the UK and he wasn't acting like that,
which doesn't fit.  He did interview her.  And you're right, Kate
wasn't on Jay or David who had Bryan Adams and Jackson Browne,
respectively, apparently, unfortunately.  About all that's left is
Arsenio Hall, but that's the earliest one, at least here in Tucson,
although I'm sure it varies.  Does she have cable?  I can't think of
any cable talk shows that would be likely.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               /`\  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do  `\   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed." `\  Love You?