Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Was KT on TV?

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 20:20:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Was KT on TV?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Someone at the office stopped by today to say "Oh, that British singer
you like so much was on mumble mumble show last night, really late.  She
was trying to sing a song and the host kept running up and kissing her on
the cheek and saying "Wow she's really here!"; she just kept singing." I
didn't catch the name of the show and the phone rang right away so I
couldn't ask again.  Some late night show with a male host who isn't Jay
or David (I'd have rememberd).  Of course this would mean Kate's in the
US right now -- any possibility of more TV appearances??  Did anyone see
this or does my co-worker have Kate mixed up with someone else?

PS today is Thursday so it would have been Wednesday night/Thurs. morn.

PPS I must agree with IED (ooo, a rhyme!) that TRS is entirely brilliant,
tho I admit it is very startling to hear men singing in the middle of a
Kate song as anything other than members of a background chorus.  But
then that's why I like her -- she startles.

 Has anyone won anything in those SONY drawings? The items were a litho of
the album cover, black T-shirts with album cover (perhaps sold rather than
given away to fans and now appearing in your local expensive box) and
button (also giveaways and also appearing in the expensive box) and promo
copies of RBG and ETM videos.

If none of us wins any of these things I think we should start a leter
campaign to SONY -- I heard a rumor that the reps were being very stingy
with  the stuff and now its turning up in fake box sets.  Someone got
paid for those shirts and I bet it wasn't the record company.  That stuff
was all intended to be promo giveaways at record store events.

That kind of stuff really bugs me.

Karen Newcombe  kln@crl.com