Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Xmas special video

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 18:35 CST
Subject: Re: Xmas special video
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>I just thought I'd share this with my fellow KaTe-fanatics out there. There's
>a guy who advertises "rare" videos and such in Goldmine magazine. He's got 3
>tapes of Kate stuff:
>
>1) The Single File and the 1980 BBC Xmas Special (95 mins)
>2) Various interviews 1983-1990 (110 mins)
>3) German TV documentary, Dutch videos, and SNL performances (70 mins)
>
>I got the Xmas special video, and the quality is incredible. Looks like maybe
>a 1st or 2nd generation dub. No greenish flicker, no washed-out color, or any
>of that bad PAL conversion stuff. It's got a few minor glitches every once
>in a while, but other than that it's beautiful. Sound quality isn't bad,
>either. And having The Single File on the same tape deosn't hurt either. The
>tapes are $25 each, but well worth it if they're all as good as this one. If
>anyone is interested, e-mail me and I'll give you the address.

   As it is a bootleg set of videos, especially in the case of _The
Single File_ (a commercial release) feel totally free to make copies
of this guys tapes. The more copies you make, the better.

   We will be doing a new tape tree, with the repaired Christmas
special on it. The copy that we have is a 3/4" digital conversion
from a 1/2" PAL original. We also have the German documentary,
a 2nd generation SNL, and a pretty good copy (the best that
I've seen in circulation) of the Dutch videos. I'm very interested
if this copy of the Dutch videos are better than the one on the
last tape tree.

   All of the PAL stuff in our collection is digitally converted.
If everyone can wait until the next tape tree, you can have this stuff
for the cost of a tape and postage.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)
                                   katefans@chinet.chinet.com (ours)

PS - I cannot make dubs at this time, as I am down to one VHS at the
moment. I will be making an S-VHS master from the 3/4" and BetaCam SP
master tapes, and will be sending that to the tape tree master-dubbers.