Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Xmas special video

From: dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1993 16:36:30 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Xmas special video
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

I just thought I'd share this with my fellow KaTe-fanatics out there. There's
a guy who advertises "rare" videos and such in Goldmine magazine. He's got 3
tapes of Kate stuff:

1) The Single File and the 1980 BBC Xmas Special (95 mins)
2) Various interviews 1983-1990 (110 mins)
3) German TV documentary, Dutch videos, and SNL performances (70 mins)

I got the Xmas special video, and the quality is incredible. Looks like maybe
a 1st or 2nd generation dub. No greenish flicker, no washed-out color, or any
of that bad PAL conversion stuff. It's got a few minor glitches every once
in a while, but other than that it's beautiful. Sound quality isn't bad,
either. And having The Single File on the same tape deosn't hurt either. The
tapes are $25 each, but well worth it if they're all as good as this one. If
anyone is interested, e-mail me and I'll give you the address.