Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Red Shoes etc.

From: tom@nebula.tbe.com (Tom McCown)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 15:19:35 -0600
Subject: The Red Shoes etc.
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: tom@nebula.tbe.com

	I finally have it (a deplorable lack of capital prevented me from
acquiring it sooner) and have listened to it twice.  I think it's a fine
album (with a few minor flaws) that I am looking for to hearing many more
times.  It's not "Hounds Of Love" or "The Dreaming", but I don't need
another HoL or TD.  That was then, this is now.  I am only concerned with
where Kate is currently and what she deems worth releasing under her name.
That's all.  She grows, she changes, as do I, and I've always felt a kinship
with her (maybe because we are almost the same age) that continues with this
album.  The only time she will ever disappoint me is if she should ever do
something that wasn't true to her own artistic vision.  I trust her never
to do that (why should she start now?)  I've been a fan since the 1st album,
they all have strengths and weaknesses, but they are all Kate and I love
them dearly.

							-TOM-

"I'm not going to kiss the past's ass anymore!"

					-King Dauphin