Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Brazil soundtrack?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 18:40 CST
Subject: Re: Brazil soundtrack?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Frank San Filippo asks:
>I just noticed in the FAQ a description of Kate singing "Brazil" on the
>"Brazil" soundtrack-- is this the Terry Gilliam movie of the same name? I know
>there was no Kate in the movie itself. Someone please e-mail or info about
>this, I like that song.

   Yep, Kate sings the song _Brazil_. Her version was intended to be
used in the film, but for some unexplained reason, it wasn't included.
   Kate only did the vocal, not the music. The insturmental version
*does* appear in the film. Get the soundtrack if you can find it.
It was a fairly limited release.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)