Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A tale of woe: Kate and Pearl Jam

From: David Koehler <drk@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1993 12:56:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: A tale of woe: Kate and Pearl Jam
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET (love-hounds)

I left on my lunch to pick up TRS.  I fought traffic.  I fought parking.
I bought two copies, one for a friend and one for myself.  Then I
had to deal with traffic and parking on the way back.  Nevertheless,
I was happy.  That is until I opened up my TRS and found inside:

PEARL JAM

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

It might have been the album "Ten", I'm not sure, since at that point my
vision went blurry and I felt sick.  Put it on the CD player and sure
enough -- Pearl Jam, both copies.

I immediately drove back to the store.  The clerk went 7 for 7 on the
Peal Jam before he found two that actually had TRS inside.

I am pissed,
      David R. Koehler                  "Wings fill the window
   drk@leland.stanford.edu               And they beat and bleed"  -- K. Bush