Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-42 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Entertainment Weekly

From: saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu (Saurav Misra)
Date: 2 Nov 93 20:29:01 GMT
Subject: Re: Entertainment Weekly
To: rec-music-gaffa@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

susskind@west.darkside.COM (Mark Susskind) writes:

>jfirch@cnet.shs.arizona.edu (Jill R Firch) writes:

>> Kate is not included in the magazine's "100 Best CD's The Essential guide
>> to building the ultimate compact-disc library." Neither is P.Gabriel.
>> Enya's Watermark is probably the only album I noticed on the list that
>> may have been discussed here.

>Hi again!  I was kind of surprised to note that _I Do Not Want What I
>Haven't Got_ from Sinead O'Connor was there, but not _The Lion & The
>Cobra_.  Did I just miss it?  (it has been a few tumultuous days since I
>read the article)

>Yours in Gaffa!

<that was a pretty good countdown of the top 100 though (including #100,
which was the "Golden Throats" compilation, for those of you who don't
get EW, you philistines!
I found myself agreeing with most of the selections (as being at least
feasible, although I would have expected PG's "US" to be in there somewhere...
 the selection that surprised me the most was Slayer's "Season's in the Abyss"
- good god! Did the writer leave his/her word processor on and have one of the kids play a joke on him/her?

-Saurav Misra