Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: no TSW laserdisc at J&R

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1993 04:00:00 -0700
Subject: Re: no TSW laserdisc at J&R
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

ag869@Freenet.carleton.ca (Rick Pali) writes in response to me:
> but I have had terrible experience with the way they do business. They
> *will* take your order but you'd have to call back at least a day later to
> find out if you're actually going to get those items. If you just order

Yes, I had to call them many times and I still don't know about one
item.  My first order shipped in two days however.  The second is on
two weeks now with still no confirmation of it's (un)availability!

> order but you may not get all the items. The items they don't have (even
> though they took your order for them) will be cancelled, and they will not
> back-order.

The invoice for my first order (I got it) mentions that you have the
option to backorder now if they don't have your item (dont' ask me yet
if it's true).  Who knows how long it takes to find out if they can
order it!

AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"Alternative rock is getting so mainstream these days!" - Kennedy on eMpTyV
"Duct tape is like 'the force', it has a light side and a dark side, and it
 holds the universe together." - Carl Zwanzig.  Who is he????