Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: no TSW laserdisc at J&R

From: ag869@Freenet.carleton.ca (Rick Pali)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1993 23:19:02 GMT
Subject: Re: no TSW laserdisc at J&R
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

>I posted a bit back about J&R having some KT things.  Although they
>told me they had 6 or so TSW laserdiscs, I now suspect that they don't
>have any.  It became apparent that the order dept has little
>communication with the wherehouse or store, so they only have a rough
>estimate (ever here of computer networks?!).

I don't like to say negative things about businesses in such a public way,
but I have had terrible experience with the way they do business. They
*will* take your order but you'd have to call back at least a day later to
find out if you're actually going to get those items. If you just order
and sit tight, your package may arrive with items missing (as did happen
with me). Looking closely at the invoice, I saw the orders for those
items were canceled. I called them up and found out that they'll take your
order but you may not get all the items. The items they don't have (even
though they took your order for them) will be cancelled, and they will not
back-order.

It's the most ridiculous system I've ever heard of. It seems the mail
order customer comes in last place at J&R Music.

Rick.
PGP public key available upon request...