Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why Not Curve

From: btshelp@zeus.tamu.edu (Evolve or Perish)
Date: 26 Oct 1993 02:47 CDT
Subject: Re: Why Not Curve
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

So *this* is where all the Curve fans hang out!

I guess I should have known...

For those of you haven't heard "Cuckoo" yet, it's more of the dancy-
trancy-peak-in-the-middle stuff from "Doppleganger." It's quite good, but
I was really hoping for more of the steamroller-your-brain stuff from the
EPs. I guess you can't have everything...

For those of you who haven't heard Curve at all, I'll agree that there are
MBV similarities, but Curve is more interesting. Their music is extremely
powerful, but not agressive in your typical hard-rock way. Hard to
describe, really, but suffice to say that this is the band that finally
figured out what do to with all those effects pedals.

It's a buzzing wall of noise that sounds like a tornado, but it's also,
well, very pretty.

The only reason I haven't mentioned them here before is because this isn't
alt.drugs. ;)

b r e t t
-----
Insanity is fun, until it turns violent.
Then it's just fun for the insane.		- Lobster Boy