Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Eat the Music" video

From: dsr@lns598.lns.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley)
Date: 26 Oct 1993 00:22:29 GMT
Subject: Re: "Eat the Music" video
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <01H4EE3AFB429OFCZ0@ccmail.sunysb.edu>,
PMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu (Peter Byrne Manchester) writes:
Peter> One sign that it is shot on film rather than video is the
Peter> somewhat uncertain translation for video display of the
Peter> lusciousness of the colors [...]

Hmm...one thing I noticed stepping through the video is that every
sixth frame is an overlay of two frames--which looks to me like a
5-into-6 PAL to NTSC conversion, not a 2-into-5 film to NTSC
conversion.  Not that I know anything about the subject of film or
video, but I'm curious what any experts might have to say on the
subject...

--
-Dan Riley                          Internet: dsr@lns598.tn.cornell.edu
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University     HEPNET/SPAN: lns598::dsr (44630::dsr)