Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Eat the Music" video

From: am780@yfn.ysu.edu (William A. White)
Date: 23 Oct 1993 03:23:46 GMT
Subject: Re: "Eat the Music" video
To: rec-music-gaffa@relay1.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

     What a wonderful examination/review of ETM! I too find it to be
a stunningly hypnotic work. Unlike many on the net, I think ETM
is one of Kates finest songs and much prefer it to RBG. Most
seem to think ETM is "commercial," which I think is far from the
truth.
     The video is a mood piece, those that find it boring or
lacking in content don't grasp that Kate obviously wants the viewer to feel
the music. By MTV standards, yes the video is a bit spartan, but
I think Kate felt that less was more in this case. I was struck
by how radiantly beautiful Kate looked in this video, I can't think
of any other  video in which she looked more beautiful or sensual.
I can't wait to see more.

                                  Will