Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Eat the Music" video

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 24 Oct 1993 01:07:52 -0500
Subject: Re: "Eat the Music" video
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <2aa842$adv@news.ysu.edu> am780@yfn.ysu.edu (William A. White) writes:
>     The video is a mood piece, those that find it boring or
>lacking in content don't grasp that Kate obviously wants the viewer to feel
>the music.

To quote my fiance:  "It puts you to sleep."

I really hope that that wasn't Kate's intent.

And to imply that we are simply uncultured barbarians incapable of
understanding her divine subtlety is....ridiculous at best.

>		By MTV standards, yes the video is a bit spartan, but
>I think Kate felt that less was more in this case. I was struck
>by how radiantly beautiful Kate looked in this video, I can't think
>of any other  video in which she looked more beautiful or sensual.
>I can't wait to see more.

Beautiful yes.

Sensual?  Hm.

Boring?  Definitely.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
         "There is no time for metaphors," cried the little pill to me