Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New Sarah Album is SUPERB!!!

From: ag869@Freenet.carleton.ca (Rick Pali)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1993 19:36:50 GMT
Subject: Re: New Sarah Album is SUPERB!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

>Sorry for the non-KaTe posting, but Sarah's third album is just available
>in Canada today!!!  I am on my 3rd listening right now, and this album is
>EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY AMAZING!!!  I'd rate it above both Touch and Solace!!
>I haven't been this enthralled by a new album since _Little_Earthquakes_
>18 months ago!

Seconded! It's a wonderful album that I *must* recommend. I've listened to
it three or four times since yesterday at lunch and I'm much impressed.

'Touch' I found very diverse including everything from the solo
introspective type song to an almost pop type song, while 'Solace' moved
the focus more towards a minimum of intrumentation and a maximum of vocals
and expressive lyrics.

The new one is similar to the first in that it carries a wide range of
styles but the range is farther afield. Everything from a just piano and
Sarah, to distorted guitar and a drum machine (which is the case with two
versions of the first single 'Possession.' One solo, and the other with all
the pop accessories). The thing that surprises me the most (besides the drum
machine!) was that it all works. This woman's *very* tallented...

Rick.
PGP public key available upon request...