Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah CDs (sorry, no Kate)

From: dsr@lns598.lns.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley)
Date: 20 Oct 1993 13:03:06 GMT
Subject: Sarah CDs (sorry, no Kate)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <F3goBc3w165w@west.darkside.com>,
susskind@west.darkside.COM (Mark Susskind) writes:
Mark> Sarah McLachlan album, I have been looking into her section to
Mark> find CD5s.  I never bothered to look for her singles before.  I
Mark> saw one for _Steaming_, a 'Live' disk, and two CD5s from
Mark> _Solace_. Eventually I will get the others[...]

Get the _LIVE_ Sarah McLachlan CD.  I am not a big fan of live albums,
but this one is simply incredible--Sarah and her band live show a
complete mastery of the songs that I find much more convincing than
the studio albums.  _LIVE_ is by far my favorite Sarah...the live
version of "Black" alone is worth the price of the CD (if you're
willing to overlook the usual live recording imperfections--which
aren't particularly bad on this disk).

--
-Dan Riley                          Internet: dsr@lns598.tn.cornell.edu
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University     HEPNET/SPAN: lns598::dsr (44630::dsr)