Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush Interviews, Picture CD

From: Mark Susskind <susskind@west.darkside.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 10:28:38 PDT
Subject: Kate Bush Interviews, Picture CD
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucbvax.berkeley.EDU
Comments: Feed the people starve a cold

2 or 3 weeks ago, in my favorite music store, I was looking through the
Kate Bush section, not really expecting to find anything I haven't seen
before, but looking none-the-less.  To my surprise, I found a CD with two
interviews of Kate Bush, one about Hounds of Love, and the other about
The Dreaming.  Just talk, no music, though.  I have never heard her
except for her music, so I was pleased to finally have a chance to hear
her in interviews.  I have only played it once (I know, once is not
enough for a REAL Kate Bush fan, but I never considered myself really big
on Kate), and she seems quite brilliant.

When I went to my favorite music store, I don't usually like to go there
to get one disk, since it is out of my way on every day except Thursdays.
Since I have been reading about an upcoming Sarah McLachlan album, I have
been looking into her section to find CD5s.  I never bothered to look for
her singles before.  I saw one for _Steaming_, a 'Live' disk, and two
CD5s from _Solace_. Eventually I will get the others, but I really liked
_Steaming_ (from _Touch_, but Kate-Tori-Ecto people probably already know
that), which had a radio version and a dance version, and a track called
'Solsbury Hill'.

Sure, I can hardly wait for Kate's new one, and Sarah's new one, but I
can also turn some Katefans' stomachs as to some other albums that I can
hardly wait for, so I will not trouble you. =)  You all seem like such
lovely people, and I wouldn't want to upset you.

Happy Hugs!
Mark Susskind