Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: BSL US and UK

From: jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 12:56:56 PDT
Subject: Re: BSL US and UK
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Peter Manchester writes:

>In the circumstances I must suspend, if not withdraw, my characterization of
>the bass sound on EtM itself.  We won't know what Kate expected it to sound
>like until we get a release that reflects her own production judgment.

and i'm afraid you'll never know *that* until you get the chance to go
sit in kate's studio and have her play the original master tape at
you.  it's a fact of the industry that there will be tweaks between
the time the tape leaves kate's grubby palms and the time you put the
CD in your player and hit the button.

it's called mastering, and it's inevitable.

--
Jon Drukman                                         jdrukman%dlsun87@oracle.com
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.