Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah CDs (sorry, no Kate)

From: S.L.Fagg@bnr.co.uk
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1993 14:19:44 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Sarah CDs (sorry, no Kate)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (rec.music.gaffa)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1993 at 09:03:19 -0400 dsr@lns598.lns.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley) wrote:
> In article <F3goBc3w165w@west.darkside.com>,
> susskind@west.darkside.COM (Mark Susskind) writes:
> Mark> Sarah McLachlan album, I have been looking into her section to
> Mark> find CD5s.  I never bothered to look for her singles before.  I
> Mark> saw one for _Steaming_, a 'Live' disk, and two CD5s from
> Mark> _Solace_. Eventually I will get the others[...]
> Get the _LIVE_ Sarah McLachlan CD.  I am not a big fan of live albums,
> but this one is simply incredible--Sarah and her band live show a
> complete mastery of the songs that I find much more convincing than
> the studio albums.  _LIVE_ is by far my favorite Sarah...the live
> version of "Black" alone is worth the price of the CD (if you're
> willing to overlook the usual live recording imperfections--which
> aren't particularly bad on this disk).

It certainly *IS* a good performance, and I agree that the recording
imperfections aren't a problem, but potential purchasers should beware
that the CD is very short. It's more of an extended live EP than a
true album length release.  I believe the price reflects this to some
extent.  Buy it by all means, I second Daniel's recommendation, but do
be aware of what you're buying.  I wouldn't want anyone to fail to get
into the music because they felt they'd been ripped off.

--
Regards

Steve Fagg      ( S.L.Fagg@bnr.co.uk +44-279-402437 )
BNR Europe Ltd., London Road, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9NA, UK

*** "Better drowned than duffers. If not duffers, won't drown". ***