Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Working cloudbuster found...

From: dsilver@panix.com (David Silver)
Date: 18 Oct 1993 22:06:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Working cloudbuster found...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <750876145.AA06036@clone.his.com>,
Allan Balliett <allan.balliett@his.com> wrote:
>Eric France writes in a message on 16 Sep 93 to All in rec.music.gaffa:
>
>>A Cloudbuster
>>  This is the rainmaking machine shown in the Kate Bush video
>"Cloudbusting",

The image in the video is a surrealistic version of a cloudbuster.  It
suggests a cloudbuster, but is way overdone.

>>which was based on the publications of Wilhelm Reich
> EF>  Presumably this is a working model.
> EF> (btw, this is not serious...see? :) :) :) :)

>I imagine it has come up on gaffa before, but if you don't know, you should
>know :-), that there is at least one active Cloudbuster team working in the
>US at present.

They work all over the world.

>They even have a (expensive!) quarterly publication concerning their work.
>I imagine that the ORGONE ENERGY HANDBOOK has also been reviewed here?

The publication does not merely concern cloudbusting, it concerns the
science of Orgonomy, of which cloudbusting is a part.  It is called the
Journal of Orgonomy and is published twice a year.  Cloudbusting
operations are reported in articles called "Core Progress Reports" (CORE
being an acronym for Cosmic Orgone Engineering), by some scientists who
attempt to use the cloudbuster to fight drought around the globe.  Don't
get the idea that this stuff has any kind of real funding, they do it on a
shoestring.

The journal would be difficult to understand by anyone who has not read
most of Wilhelm Reich's books.  I know this all sounds pretty goofy, but
since someone brought it up, I felt the facts should be set straight for
anyone who cares.  This is a completely serious subject.

--