Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Eat the Music" video on 120 minutes

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 03:07:38 -0700
Subject: Re: "Eat the Music" video on 120 minutes
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

PMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu (Peter Byrne Manchester) writes:
> I was ready for the video for EtM that just played on 120 Minutes, because in
> the course of a fine weekend with visitor Andy Marvick, it was revealed to me
> that the _extended version is the better one_!  "Eat the Music" prolongs its
> moment until you fall in with the fruit.  It's as simple as that.

I personally like to hear or see things for myself before reading
what others think but here's what I think:

I agree!  The video really shows that.  People start out dancing
calmly with almost somber expressions but then "eat the music" more
and more and let go and Kate smiles more and waves her hair around
(enough to "rip my heart out") and people close their eyes and dance
freely and fruit is split open and they start to fall down in the fruit
from exhaustion and so does Kate.

My very first, and short-lived, reaction was "that's all?", probably
because she doesn't move around much, just does the same moves over
and over in the same place but it works, it really does.  I wonder if
the main male dancer is the same one from the UK single... the
rubberband support man?

KT was on MTV! :)
---
arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu   "I'm not the me I used to be."
"Duct tape is like 'the force', it has a light side and a dark side,
and it holds the universe together..."  -- Carl Zwanzig