Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on MTV (for West Coasters)

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1993 03:24:15 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate on MTV (for West Coasters)
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

vickie@pilot.njin.net (WretchAwry) writes:
> For anyone on the West Coast, Kate's "Eat the Music" is shown
> about 29 minutes in the show. It comes *immediately* after a

Thanks!  I wish I had read that but I was ready anyway.  I saw the
first post in here about it being seen and from it's post time the
video had to be in the first 45 minutes.  Next time I'll keep a closer
eye in here for this specific info cause it's really useful.

#9, but close! :) (For those without US MTV this is the *alternative*
list.)  I think it says they get this info from the "Gavin Report"?
What is that?  The fact that The Red Shoes is in there *now* seems
like a marketing ploy (and of course showing the video now), but I'll
try not to be too cynical.  However, it has crossed my mind that,
since Sony is now her label, perhaps they may really be pushing her
hard in the US since she has done well in Japan before.  Does this
make any sense?
---
arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu   "I'm not the me I used to be."
"Duct tape is like 'the force', it has a light side and a dark side,
and it holds the universe together..."  -- Carl Zwanzig