Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Science!

From: lazlo%ariel.unm.edu@triton.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: 15 Oct 1993 18:06:34 -0600
Subject: Science!
To: rec-music-gaffa@rodan.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Kent Finley <finley@lambda.uleth.ca> wrote:

> ObNonKate: The Thomas Dolby album on which 'She Blinded Me With Science'
> appeared was indeed 'Blinded By Science', and not 'The Golden Age of
> Wireless', at least in Canada.

Golden Age was released both with and without "She Blinded Me With Science"
in many markets, including Canada.  Four distinct trackings of the album
exist (check the discography at ftp.uwp.edu if you need catalog numbers or
track times):

Version 1 (UK 1982):
    Flying North / Commercial Breakup / Weightless / Europa and the Pirate
    Twins (1981) / Windpower / The Wreck of the Fairchild / Airwaves [long]
    / Radio Silence [short] / Cloudburst At Shingle Street

Version 2 (North America 1982):
    Europa and the Pirate Twins / Flying North / Weightless / Leipzig /
    Windpower / Commercial Breakup / Urges / Airwaves [short] / Radio
    Silence [long] / Cloudburst At Shingle Street

Version 3 (UK 1983 reissue):
    She Blinded Me With Science [edit] / Radio Silence [short] / Airwaves
    [long] / Flying North / Weightless / Europa And The Pirate Twins /
    Windpower / Commercial Breakup / One Of Our Submarines / Cloudburst At
    Shingle Street

Version 4 (North American 1983 reissue):
    She Blinded Me With Science / Radio Silence [long] / Airwaves [short]
    / Flying North / Weightless / Europa and the Pirate Twins / Windpower
    [edit?] / Commercial Breakup / One of Our Submarines / Cloudburst At
    Shingle Street

Some copies of the North American reissue have the short Radio Silence,
too.

--
Lazlo (lazlo@unm.edu)