Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe reviews

From: dreaming@nevada.edu (SUZANNE S WEISS)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1993 09:56:37 GMT
Subject: KaTe reviews
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@nevada.edu (USENET News System)

from Gavin, Sept. 17 -

under AAA new releases....

"Eat The Music" (Columbia)

Anyone remember the scene from the film "Women In Love", where
Rupert (Alan Bates) equates the eating of a raw fig to the
sexual act?  Kate Bush, always one to analyze the tumultuous
roles of men and women, draws a similar analogy.  With the
whole album delayed until January, this EP will have to tide
us over until the new year, I like the modern Celtic bounce.

under alternative new releases (and entered the Gavin alt.
	chart @ #42 - most added w/ 24 adds)

"Eat The Music" (Columbia)

Kate Bush returns after a rather long absence w/ the calypso-
flavored "ETM".  Although the calendar says summer is just about
over, this breezy number inspores vivid memories of those warm,
relaxing days on the beach, and is the perfect antidote to the
back-to-the-grind-blues many of us experience this time of year.
Kate's album has been pushed back until the end of January in order
to synchronize its release w/ her new movie, so don't wait for a
retail street date to start playing this one. - Linda Ryan

in this weeks CMJ (page 4??) full color add for ETM - the cover
of the single w/ wording..  ETM   the 1st song from her long-
awaited new album "TRS".  See the music come to life in her new
short film "The Line, The Cross, The Curve".  The fast is over.

these are the most recent reviews I've seen in the trades.

our rock music director said that his Sony rep said that they were
reconsidering moving the release date to Nov. (pushed back due to
the video).  so, I'd say that it looks like Nov. for a release date.

we just received another copy of TRS on cassette @ the station
(in a mass mailing).  any of U lucky enough to work @ a radio
station... start looking (came in Tuesday).  = )   IMHO the best
tracks are TRS (like playing this one @ full blast & bop around the
rm), MOP (makes me cry - my mom always says "every pot has a lid"
kind of like KaTe's mom but different ; )  ), and Top of the City.
it's a different release (again).  Oh, one of the lines
in TRS is.. "And this curve... it's your smile... and this cross...
it's your heart... and this line... it's your path".

I've a bunch of the slick flyers (letter size w/ the red shoes on
front in color & small photo of kate & copy on back) -- people
keep giving them to me...  sooo if anyone wants one... post back
to me.

PS: druckman(? on spelling, pardon but it's 3am & I'm rather sleepy),
	do U really have a gila monster??  I've an Iguana named
	Milhouse.  she's rather sweet.