Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Red Shoes US Promo Plans

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 21:40:07 -0700
Subject: Re: The Red Shoes US Promo Plans
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

(chris williams) writes:
>    Maybe, but he does seem to prefer women willing to adopt a "ditzy"
> personia. Teri Garr is actually a very intelligent and thoughtful person
> though you couldn't tell it from the she is manipulated into behaving
> on Letterman's show. Cher didn't give him *half* of what he deserved.

I think Teri Garr is playing... I mean she is on often (why does she
keep coming back?) and her reactions and actions are melodramatic.
I don't think she is being manipulated into it, I think she plays
with it.  I do think Letterman is overly rude to some people at times
though.

Concerning musical guests, I agree that he seems to treat them
with respect.  Even Screaming Trees and Shakespear's Sister (listening
to now), with all of one members weird make-up, got respect, even
though there were a couple jokes about glitter.  He also said he felt
like a geek when he went out to thank them and they all started
dancing and he was just standing there.
---
arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu   "I'm not the me I used to be."