Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Similarities pop up in the weirdest places...

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 00:38 CDT
Subject: Re: Similarities pop up in the weirdest places...
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Meredith writes:
>Our cable system let us have The Disney Channel for free over the weekend,
>whereon I saw a rather good documentary on Fleetwood Mac (voices from my
>childhoo okay?  Sheesh...).  At one point they showed part of a video for
>the song "Gypsy" which featured Stevie Nicks walk/dancing through a forest
>in the moonlight- disconcertingly like Kate's moving through the moonlit
>trees in the "TSW" video.  In fact, it was very much like it.  Like, lots.

    A favorite older video. Actually the end part of the Gypsy video
is a direct lift from Maxfield Parrish (sp?). The apparent genesis of
Kate's inspiration for the _The Sensual World_ video was in the
unabridged MTV interview, as the interviewer mentioned that it would
be difficult to edit the various parts of the interview together
due to the different light. Kate replied that it would be wonderful to
have a video where the the background kept changing, from sunlight to
darkness to snow.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)