Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: WOMAD Schedule-San Francisco

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 19:37:02 EDT
Subject: Re: WOMAD Schedule-San Francisco
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman) writes:

>Vickie Mapes explains:
>>San Francisco, CA
>>STAGE 1                  STAGE 2                 STAGE 3
>>Jah Wobble's             Sheila Chandra          Shankar'n'Caroline
>>Invaders of the Heart    11:00am                 12:30pm
>>11:15am

>ARGH!?  I have to choose between Wobble & Chandra!?  NO FAIR!!!

You'll have 15 minutes of Sheila before Jah Wobble starts. It would
do your soul good to catch that 15 minutes. (And be sure to let me
know if you're actually able to tear yourself away, to actually walk
away, from Sheila's magnificent voice.)

>>ps, make sure you get there in time for Sheila Chandra!!!!!

>but... i want to see BOTH of them...  and i have to DJ a party the
>night before... i won't be awake by 11.... AIEEEEEEE.

Stay up all night then, just don't miss Sheila. Her set is simply
*astonishing*. It's just her on stage all alone, kneeling, and her
voice and technique is mesmerising.

Btw, try not to miss the Terem Quartet or Drummers of Burundi either.

Vickie