Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe's "bottomless pit of unbearable trash"

From: as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Tree of Schnopia)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 18:14:22 GMT
Subject: Re: KaTe's "bottomless pit of unbearable trash"
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@galileo.cc.rochester.edu

In <9309140921.AA00363@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU> arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU (Alex Gibbs) writes:

>lazlo%ariel.unm.edu@triton.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble) writes:
>> This is sooo easy -- just hit "shuffle" with The Sensual World in the
>> player and you're as likely as not to hit a track I absolutely *cannot
>> stand*.  "Deeper Understanding," "Between A Man And A Woman," "Walk
>> Straight Down The Middle" . . .

>To provide an alternate view, I just wrote in Ecto that I love this
>album and would even consider it to be one of the best albums to use
>to introduce Kate to new people, but that depends on the person.  If I
>had to choose my most favourite KT album now it would be between TSW,
>Dreaming, and HoL (in no order).  This is my view and in no way do I
>oppose your view and do not mean this as a flame.

Amen.  TSW introduced me to Kate (well, to be honest, I listened with half
an ear to TWS (no typo) and was nonplussed as a littler kid, and then saw
"Love and Anger" on MTV and fell violently, irrevocably in love), and I
consider it to be better than TKI, L, and possibly even the much-vaunted HoL
itself.  I listen past the engineering (which *is* possible, folks) to the
music, and it's just wonderful.  And so imaginative.  And so atmospheric.
You *might* consider it a bit abrasive, but some people say that, then turn
around and adore The Dreaming, which is one of the most abrasive albums by a
non-abrasive musician I've ever heard.

I oppose your (>>) view, all right.  I mean, you're welcome to it and
everything, but I can't even agree with it from a purely objective
viewpoint; I can't see a damn thing wrong with TSW as far as the material
itself.  And that's the Drewth, the whole Drewth, and nothing but the
Drewth.

Drewcifer, damn it
--
----  Andrew D. Simchik ? as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu ? Tree of Schnopia