Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTe's "bottomless pit of unbearable trash"

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 02:21:36 -0700
Subject: Re: KaTe's "bottomless pit of unbearable trash"
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

lazlo%ariel.unm.edu@triton.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble) writes:
> This is sooo easy -- just hit "shuffle" with The Sensual World in the
> player and you're as likely as not to hit a track I absolutely *cannot
> stand*.  "Deeper Understanding," "Between A Man And A Woman," "Walk
> Straight Down The Middle" . . .

To provide an alternate view, I just wrote in Ecto that I love this
album and would even consider it to be one of the best albums to use
to introduce Kate to new people, but that depends on the person.  If I
had to choose my most favourite KT album now it would be between TSW,
Dreaming, and HoL (in no order).  This is my view and in no way do I
oppose your view and do not mean this as a flame.

I also really like Experiment IV and just sent it to someone with
other KT songs.  It's not my most favourite KT song as I think my
favourite song varies almost constantly as does my least favourite and
I never really pin them down.  What I disliked yesterday I may love
today since I am not the me I used to be.

Maybe my most favourite Kate song of the moment is whichever Kate
song I happen to be listening to in that moment of pleasure.  :)
---
arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu