Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Del Palmer

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 00:50:31 EDT
Subject: Re: Del Palmer
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

gaffa@mind.ORG (Valerie Nozick) writes:

>I think I have this whole Eat the Music thing figurecd out. You see, KaTe
>got stuck after writing the first 10 seconds of the song, and couldn't
>figure out a way to continue it. So Del said, "Honey, I know what to do.
>Just leave it to me." KaTe left, and Del just kept running the 10 seconds
>over and over again, ad infinitum. When KaTe heard it, she got so angry
>that she refused to credit Del on the CD single.

>Make sense?  :-) :-) :-)

Would you say that to Kate's face? On the phone? In a letter?

>"Tell me we both matter, don't we?" -- KaTe Bush

Del matter(s)(ed) very much to Kate, for many, many years. She love(s)(ed)
him, deeply. That's on the personal side. On the professional side, she
trusted his judgement. If she does, then I do too, because I trust Kate.
I have no problems with Del's production. On our system his stuff sounds
*great*.

Vickie (tired of the rude Del-bashing)

ps, I *LOVE* "Experiment IV" especially the extended mix.