Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Why no Kate Bush Tours?

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 93 16:23:13 -0700
Subject: Re: Why no Kate Bush Tours?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <272llv$ej6@panix.com> you write:
>In <9309131920.AA18414@wente.llnl.gov> ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi) writes:
>>In article <1993Sep13.164113.17200@netnews.noc.drexel.edu> you write:
>>>Will one of you Kate Bush fans in the know tell me why there have been no
>>>USA KB tours since the once she did like 10 or more years ago?
>>Just a correction:  Kate Bush has NEVER toured the USA, in the sense
>>of a concert tour.  (She has come to this country for promotion a number
>>of times.)  Her only tour, which covered England and Europe, was
>>FOURTEEN years ago.
>
>CORRECTION:
>	The tour in 1979 did include some dates in the US.  As Ive heard
>it they were billed as the K-T Bush Band.  Her now legendary appearance
>on SNL (Them Heavy People) was during that tour.

>Danny Lieberman PO Box 3131 Church St Sta New York NY 10008-3131 [USA]

I'm afraid you have things somewhat mixed up.  The K-T Bush Band existed
only before Kate's first album came out, and toured only in pubs in the
vicinity of London.  Kate performed some of her own songs, as well as
cover versions of, for example, "Honky Tonk Woman."  Her now legendary
performance on SNL (two songs:  Them Heavy People and The Man With the
Child in His Eyes) were the ONLY performances of any songs Kate ever
gave in the USA.  There are many people on this newgroup who have been
Kate fans since the very beginning, and they can categorically state
that Kate NEVER gave a concert in the USA.  If you believe this to
be wrong, you should give your source, because all the standard sources
(Homeground, Andy Marvick, Chris Williams, many magazine articles) all
agree with me on this point.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov