Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KontempT tempered by eKsTacy

From: jdrukman%dlsun87@us.oracle.com (Jon Drukman)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 93 16:23:10 PDT
Subject: Re: KontempT tempered by eKsTacy
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

IED writes:

>IED is compelled to point out that Kate's new music -- all of it -- is
>fascinating and blindingly brilliant.
[snip snip snip]

i think we could easily write a simple rule-based parser that
generates IED style articles.  this would probably be a bad idea, cos
then we'd have two nearly-indistinguishable IEDs posting.  it would,
however, be a good test for newbie posters: can you tell which IED is
real and which is memorex?  (i bet even his mum couldn't tell.)

>One other thing.  "Big Stripey Lie" is now universally acknowledged as
>the single greatest musical work of the twentieth century.  IED is
>pleased to add that there is no question whatever of the truth of this
>judgment, which is unanimous, absolute and irrevocable.

well, it's pretty damn good, but i don't think it's *that* good... i
mean, where would this put "Get Out Of My House" (or even "Waking The
Witch"?)  If you are attempting to call GooMH second rate, then I'm
afraid I'll have to ask you to step outside where we can settle this
matter like gentlemen.

>P.S.:  the Kandle is brighT

it sure is -- too damned bright, in fact, with not nearly enough
emphasis on the lows & mids.  goddammit, when is she going to knife
Del through the heart and find an engineer who can HEAR properly!?

--
Jon Drukman                                         jdrukman%dlsun87@oracle.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.