Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eat The Music [The Seeds Of Love?] : another reaction

From: rpeck@pure.com (Ray Peck)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1993 23:07:07 GMT
Subject: Re: Eat The Music [The Seeds Of Love?] : another reaction
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <26r4la$6q7@vtserf.cc.vt.edu> hart@corona.math.vt.edu (Heath David) writes:
>I had read in here that it was "a bunch of fruit".  I'd like to add
>to this, that all the fruits pictured (pomegranates, watermelons, grapes,
>etc.) bear seeds *inside* the fruit.  No strawberries.  No bananas.

I noticed that too.  Their guts are spilling out.

>I feel compelled to interpret the song in light of this cover.
>Despite the light, bouncy music, this song is really dark, IMO.
>
>Someone please convince me I'm dead wrong on this.

I agree with you.  After seeing the cover (this is no greengrocer's
advertisement photo), I read the lyrics before putting the song on.
While I still don't like the calyso-style music, I do feel that this
is a very downer song lurking in a happy tune.  The lyrics are pretty
violent and wrenching.

--
Ray Peck						rpeck@pure.com
Pure Software						  408-524-3000