Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate, of course!

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 12 Sep 1993 17:58:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Kate, of course!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <9308171506.AA27912@nettech1.nettech.com> dfleenor@nettech.com (super dave?) writes:
> Top Ten Reasons Why Kate Bush Is Better Than Tori Amos Please Don't Flame Me
>10) Kate has four different album covers for one album (TKI).
> 9) Kate is a major babe.

So is Tori, what's your point?

> 8) Kate has done only one major tour back in 1979 that was so outstanding
>    that she's never needed to do another one.

Heh.  I dunno, I'd say Tori's performance from what I've seen on video
has been quite outstanding.

> 7) Her albums are so good that she only needs to put one out every four
>    years (which is about how long it takes to read between the lines of
>    the lyrics and interpret them to their fullest).

A-hort.

> 4) Only Kate could do a reggae version of Rocket Man and make it sound
>    good.

You call that GOOD?  Bleah.

> 3) She knows David Gilmour.

So does Roger Waters.  Point being?

> 2) Kate sings moving, beautiful songs (with the exception of "Violin").

Oh, and Tori is just a screecher, right?

> 1) Moments of Pleasure is Kate's best song so far this decade. I predict
>    her new album will be awesome!

Could be.  I'll have to get the audio files to find out.

--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
 I fear we have not gotten rid of "God" because we still have faith in grammar