Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eat the Music (go figure)

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 12 Sep 1993 17:55:22 -0500
Subject: Eat the Music (go figure)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Found the promo single for this at the student radio station
today.

Listened to it briefly, to see what I thought.

eh.

The 12" version is better than the "album version", because it's
more interestingly constructed.  Can't say I think it's really
great stuff, but hey, it could grow on me.  I like it better than
my first impressions of any of the things from the last album
(excepting This Woman's Work).

The Big Stripey Lie is the same way--this is actually more what I'd
expect  from Kate, but there's something about it that doesn't sit
well by itself.  I could see getting to like it a lot in the context
of an album though, if the context was right.

What can I say about Candle in the Wind, except that Elton did it SOO
much better.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
                             "Takeoff zebra baby."