Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Eat the Music Single

From: King o' Pain <labspm@emoryu1.cc.emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1993 16:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Eat the Music Single
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Scott asked:
>OK, so what does the Eat the Music single look like?
Well, having just driven all over town to get it, I can tell you!

The cover is a picture of various pieces of fruit (watermelon,
pomegranate, etc.) arranged "artistically" with a pair of hands splitting
a watermelon open over them.  On the back is a small picture of _The Red
Shoes_ album.  The album cover is black with a circle taking up most of
it.  Inside the circle is a black and white tinted photograph of a
mountains, clouds, etc.  Over the photo are two legs doing a dance step.
They are wearing red stockings and (of course) red shoes.

Anyway, back to the single.  The CD itself is half red and half black,
with fruit on the red half.  As for the songs, there is "Eat the Music,"
"Eat the Music" (12" version), "Big Stripey Lie," and "Candle in the
Wind." The remix of "ETM" is not very exciting.  Just longer with a long
percussion break.  I don't know what to think of "BSL" having only
listened to it once.  I think it will grow on me more than "ETM" has,
though.

I'm just thrilled that I've got a new Kate product in my hands!

BTW, I also picked up the 80's collection _Living in Oblivion_, Vol.2 today.
It has "Running Up that Hill" on it.  The version is no different from the
HoL version.  However, what is noteworthy is that the guy who wrote the
liner notes had glowing things to say about Kate.  He called "RUTH" "one
of the most original and creative records of the 80's."  He also called it
"a breakthrough musical vision."  Obviously, this man knows what he is
talking about! :-)

Stuart

Stuart Myerburg                    "I need more things. I need more money.
Emory Univ. Law School              Don't want to work. Want things for free."
labspm@emoryu1.cc.emory.edu                                   -Jane Siberry
                              _o_