Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Oh! The pain! -- actually, Bjork's _Debut_ pans out...

From: jlburk01@ulkyvx.louisville.edu (SYZYGY)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1993 21:18:53 GMT
Subject: Re: Oh! The pain! -- actually, Bjork's _Debut_ pans out...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@hermes.louisville.edu (Netnews)

--
Well, I'm really happy with Bjork's "Debut" but it took alot of persuading to
get me to give it a chance in the first place.  The initial problem was that I
really have never liked The Sugarcubes.  I did give them a pretty fair chance
but I just couldn't get into them (it may have been Einar.  He annoyed me a bit
too much).  Anyway, my co-workers' and boyfriend's constant pressure to, at
least, listen to it once paid off.  I love it.
Yes, it is mainly a showcase for the blend of Bjork's voice (which is very
flexible and strong) and the percussion (variations on tribal-type beats).
Percussion is my cup of tea though:).  I think her album is well crafted in
writing, production, and performance.  It's popular enough though that you may
be able to borrow a copy and "audition" it before buying it.
JILL L. BURKART                                  JLBURK01@ULKYVX.LOUISVILLE.EDU
	"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does
     not become a monster.  And when you look in the abyss, the abyss also
     looks into you."  --Nietzsche
                                 FLUSH RUSH!