Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate on new compilation

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1993 20:06:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Kate on new compilation
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hello there.  Just walked in the door from a Sat. afternoon tour of San
Francisco's record stores.  Nothing yet, in fact, the stores generally
don't even have a release date yet.

BUT, I did find a brand new compilation from the UK called "Woman to
Woman".  Features 18 or so great woman musicians & singers, Kate is represented
with BABOOSHKA.  On Polygram, an import, about $24.00.

Also, the S.F. Chronicle "Pink Pages" mentions Kate on page 28, with a release
date given for the Red Shoes as Oct. 5 (nothing new) and a blurb about the
film/movie/video:  "Kate Bush will release an album, "The Red Shoes", followed by an hourlong companion video featuring appearances by actress Miranda
Richardson and mime Lindsay Kemp."

The article is by Joel Selvin, "pop music critic" for the Chronicle.  I wonder
if this means promo materials are FINALLY creeping out into the world . . .

              Karen Newcombe   kln@crl.com  god I hate the vi editor

      I am of Ireland and of the Holy Land of Ireland . . .  14th Cent. Lyric