Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTE's Film to be screened in Cambridge, MA

From: ericf@netcom.com (Eric France)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1993 10:36:23 GMT
Subject: Re: KaTE's Film to be screened in Cambridge, MA
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams):

>    I called the theatre and got the name of the booking agent. The agent
> told me that Columbia "four-walled" the theatre (i.e. bought every seat
> for promo purposes) and she was dealing with a man from Columbia. I
> called the CBS guy and asked about getting the film at my local theatre.
> His assistant said that they already have a Chicago showing planned,
> and to call back Friday for the date and place. I called a friend who is
> a booker for a theatre in Kansas City, and gave him the number.

Did the CBS guy indicate how the tix were going to be disseminated?

How about any shows in any other cities?  Like, say, hmmm, maybe
NYC?  ;)  <hey, chris, you started this>

> P. S. I'll heading out of town for a week or so. I'll be checking on
> t-shirt making prices.

Thanks.  I'm not worried about prices until we have a design.

Gotta jet to San Fran...
Eric France          | The spine is bound to last a life, tough enough to take
ericf@netcom.com     | the pounding, pages made of days of open hand.
Poughkeepsie, NY USA |