Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTE's Film to be screened in Cambridge, MA

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 93 19:05 CDT
Subject: Re: KaTE's Film to be screened in Cambridge, MA
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>KaTe's new film is going to be screened one day only next month in
>Harvard Square, Cambridge:
>[from this month's Harvard Brattle Theatre schedule:]
>-----
>Monday, October 4, 1993
>_The_Line,_the_Cross,_the_Curve_
>at 9:30 & 10:45 pm
>(1993) dir Kate Bush w/ Kate Bush, Miranda Richardson, Lindsay Kemp,
>Stewart Arnold
>This new film from acclaimed musician/dancer Kate Bush is based upon
>the classic "The Red Shoes," and features six songs from Kate's
>upcoming Columbia Records release "The Red Shoes".

   I called the theatre and got the name of the booking agent. The agent
told me that Columbia "four-walled" the theatre (i.e. bought every seat
for promo purposes) and she was dealing with a man from Columbia. I
called the CBS guy and asked about getting the film at my local theatre.
His assistant said that they already have a Chicago showing planned,
and to call back Friday for the date and place. I called a friend who is
a booker for a theatre in Kansas City, and gave him the number.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)
                                   katefans@chinet.chinet.com (ours)

P. S. I'll heading out of town for a week or so. I'll be checking on
t-shirt making prices.