Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate singing in French

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 03:39 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate singing in French
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <niall-300893031759@slip-127.ots.utexas.edu> you write:
>A short question for those whith a better listing of Kates works.  I
>have fallen in love with Kate's French version of The Infant Kiss (I
>don't own the boxed set yet, and am driving a strong wedge in my
>friendship with the person I know who does) and was wondering has
>Kate recored anything else (other than things like the single phrases in
>Games Without Frontiers) in languages other than her native English?
>Just somthing about knowing what she is saying without understanding
>a word that turns me on I geuss....

   You *must* hear _Ne T'En Fu Pas_. It was a British b-side of _There
Goes A Tenner_, and was paired with _Un Braiser D'Enfant_ on a French
single (Pathe-Marconi-Emi EMI 5444) included in the Single File box
set. It is also in the _This Woman's Work_ box set.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)