Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate singing in French

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 93 00:21 MET DST
Subject: Re: Kate singing in French
To: niall@marple.as.utexas.edu (Niall Gaffney)
Cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

> friendship with the person I know who does) and was wondering has
> Kate recored anything else (other than things like the single phrases in
> Games Without Frontiers) in languages other than her native English?

Well - there's one and a half other things:

First (half only) there is the ending line in Hello Earth. But the German
phrase 'Tiefer, tiefer, irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht' (Deeper,
deeper, somewhere in the depth there is a light) is NOT sung by Kate
herself but by Gabi Zangerl.

Second (this time for sure) there are a few lines of German in Coffe Homeground.
One of them is 'Noch ein Glass, mein Liebchen' (Another glass, my darling),
the other one is 'Es schmeckt wunderbar' (It tastes wonderful). This one
is repeated again, but both times it might be something else she's saying.
The accent is quite heavy, the lines are so obscure that I didn't figure them
out without being told that there is something, and even then I had to be told
that there is a second line...

Bye,

Uli