Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush vs. Tori Amos???

From: Tippi Chai <chai@utcc.utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 12:58:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate Bush vs. Tori Amos???
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Our Ex-Psuedo-Moderator |>oug Alan <nessus@media.mit.edu> wrote:
>Kate Bush was definitely marketed as a sex kitten in her early career

But KaTe didn't *SOUND* like one.  One of the things I dislike about Tori
is her heavy breathing and moaning, which bother me more than her image.

>>   [TA] - but I don't think she's a arty and therefore creative as KB
>
>Actually, calling something "arty" is usually considered an insult.

Not to me!  calling something "artsy" is definitely an insult, though.
That brings me to my other dislike about Tori: she seems to be telling me how
she feels, thru gritted teeth, 6 inches from my face.  KaTe presents her stories
in a beautifully painted soundscape.  (And Happy paints her feelings likewise.)
I would rather admire a work of art than have spittle on my face any day !-)

--
**********"We all breathe the same air" KaTe Bush
Tippi Chai, Toronto, Canada  <chai@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca || chai@utorgpu.bitnet>