Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush vs. Tori Amos???

From: giamomj@duvm.ocs.drexel.edu (Mike G.)
Date: 24 Aug 93 15:58:41 GMT
Subject: Kate Bush vs. Tori Amos???
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@noc.ocs.drexel.edu

Gee - I don't get it....in my estimation (and being a Kate Bush fan for
more than 13 years) Kate and Tori are *nothing alike. The marketing of
Tori Amos has been, IMHO, like that of a "sex kitten", while Kate Bush's
PR has never overtly focused on her sexuality....

As far as their music goes, I only am familiar with on TA video....it was
OK - but I don't think she's a arty and therefore creative as KB - at
least not what I've seen. Anyone care to turn me on to more Tori-related
comparisons?

*"Anytime I laugh, I got religion." *