Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TWW Box UK/JPN Differences

From: atkins901@snake.cs.uidaho.edu (Antonin!)
Date: 25 Aug 1993 02:59:28 GMT
Subject: Re: TWW Box UK/JPN Differences
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: atkin901@uidaho.edu

>I don't own either set, but have seen several copies of each.
>Here are the differences I can see:
>
>1) The Japanese version has a second book, in Kanji, possibly
>a translation of most of the english in the set?
>
>2) The Japanese CD's have a little TWW insignia on each of them,
>while the UK versions seem to have simply pulled the six regular
>albums from their warehouse backstock - I can find no distinguishing
>marks on them.

The second book is in kanji, yes, it's Kate's anthology 1978-1990

The japanese version has eight discs each jewel box end has the
# of the disc circled on the bottom but one side is in English and
the other side is in Kanji.  (it is interesting to note that the
Kanji version of Kate's name has two smilies in it :)

The Japanese version was rumored to be remastered by the EMI Japan
for better sound.  I concur there is a slight sound quality
difference and little difference in disc and song length in some
cases.

The Japanese version has pulled all the origional artwork from the
origional releases and used them for the covers.

There is a missprint of "WAKING THE WITCH" on the HOL disc which
reads "WAKING THF WITCH" (note the F instead of E)

That's all I can find besides the 16,000 yen price tag..

-------
Mark Atkinson (AKA Antonin!)
atkin901@uidaho.edu